Thursday, December 2, 2010

Can I Have A Hug?

This morning at HPC we had a visitor. A gentleman of a somewhat homeless nature, bolted right through the front door- large wal-mart sack of clothes in hand and headed straight for the coffee pot in the parlor.

Alerted- my guardian CUG followed the guy around the parlor until he got his coffee. Passing back through the front desk area he spoke aloud, "I need a job" then "Oh you have postcards?! Can I have a postcard?" I responded very quickly that we had just recently run out and more were ordered.

Turning to leave he suddenly whipped around and asked, "Can I have a hug?"
Without thinking in a shruggish voice I said, "uh no..."
He turned to leave again saying, "Oh, I'm an ugly guy anyway."

Sounds crazy but it's true, and to top it off I ended up with this lovely baseball card from the Colorado Rockies featuring number 17, Todd Helton.

Who would have thought that so much excitement can come from polishing apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment